Authentic Bavarian Hefe-Weizen

Ayinger Bräu-Weisse
     
    So basically when i picked up my Autumn Tumbler at the packie, i wanted to grab a pint of something new. I was a little limited on time and this Hefeweizen caught my eye. I've never had one before, plus i've been on the search for the Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock for a while, so i wanted to try one of their products. Plus at like $4.50 i can't really complain.

Presentation:  The graphic design on this guy is pretty... average. Not really a mood setter, it just makes me think of Germany; A very old Germany. It's literally a boring version of a Sierra Nevada label with the landscape and all. However, The pour was a little more satisfying. I used some cheapo pilsner glass i found in my cupboard which yielded a moderate head. It was thin in short time but stayed creamy the whole time i drank it. The color was a hazy yellow; cloudy and almost translucent.                        

Smell:  Resembles the smell of those dried banana slices you find in trail mixes. I could detect a slight spiciness and maybe a little nutty note.

Taste:

Dominant Flavor:  Nothing really that interesting. Simple yeasty bread flavor, the good kind of simple. A tiny bit of banana that is also present in the smell. It also has a pretty small to medium overall body; nothing overpowering.

Crispness:  Actually a present factor in this brew. It starts crisp and ends crisp, ending at just the right time. The carbonation is ridiculous just to watch, and it fits body well.

Aftertaste:  Very smooth and had no real flavor at all, just slides over the palette and down your throat.

Overall Bitterness:  Glazes over the tongue, not overwhelming. Goes well with the overall flavor. This brew shouldn't pain the brew drinker that is afraid of a little bitter bite.

Drinkability:  The biggest feeling i get about a beer is that it's an entertainment beer. It's light, flavorful, and extremely drinkable. You can gulp it and get pretty much the same experience a sipping on it. It's also very refreshing and one of the best factors is that it doesn't need to warm up to have all of it's flavor potential. It's nice to find a beer that holds it's flavor when it's chilled. Average ABV at 5.10%, no big deal at all.

Overall:  I was a little skeptical at fist but this brew does hold it's own. It feels to me like the craft brew drinker's light beer. I get the feeling i should be drinking this in a german pub, eating peanuts, and watching soccer game or some other beloved european sport ( I have no clue what German's watch in their pubs) It's got everything you want, and it's extremely drinkable. I don't see myself buying it in the near future but i enjoyed it and i might try myself some more Hefeweizen's. ( [cough] SN Kellerweis [cough] )

Rating: 7.3/10.0






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates